Beginning May 1st 2018,the Pilgrimage Season begins and :
Daily Mass Time is at 11:30 am
Mass will be celebrated outside in the Grotto area.
In case of inclement weather, Mass will be celebrated in the Chapel, across from Pilgrim Hall.
There is Mass every day except Monday.
June 17th – Father’s Day Blessing
June 24th – Celebration of the Anointing of the Sick following Mass
July 4th – Please join us today for Mass at 11:30 AM in the Grotto as we pray for our country and for peace
July 29th – Monthly celebration of the Sacrament of the Sick after 11:30 Mass.
Once again this summer, our Montfort Father Richard Schebera, SMM will be with us. Father Richard is a retired Professor of Theology at St. Louis University and he will offer three summer sessions, open to the public at the Lourdes in Litchfield Shrine. Sessions will be Thursday evenings in the Grotto Chapel, 50 Montfort Rd., Litchfield, CT.
All are welcome; no reservations needed; free-will offering.
Sessions begin at 7:00PM till 8:15PM . The theme is “Interpreting the Bible’s Meaning”.
The sessions are as follows:
Thursday, July 12 : Tips to help reading the Bible
Thursday, July 19: Reading the Bible: alone or with others?
Thursday, July 26: Determining our personal reading of the Bible
Summer Book Club starting June 5th – see below for details
Annual Talent Show on August 12th
A Summer Evening at Montfort House on August 18th
Annual Blessing of Animals on October 6th
Living Rosary on October 7th
Oktoberfest and Harvest Dinner on October 14th
Semi-Annual Tag Sale on October 18 -21
Annual Christmas Festival Weekend:
Gingerbread Nativity Making – 10:00am to 12:00pm
Candlelight Carol Sing – 7:00pm
Living Nativity – 3:00PM
Summer Book Club in the Grotto
This summer the Shrine will be offering a summer book club in the Grotto. The book club will meet after the 11:30 Mass on June 5, June 12, June 19, and June 26. Here are the facts that you need to know:
- Book: Tattoos on the Heart by, Fr. Gregory Boyle. (Available for purchase at the Grotto Gift Shop.)
- Meeting time: After the 11:30 Mass, 12:15-1:45. (Or come to Mass and stay afterwards!)
- When: Tuesdays during June. (June 5, 12, 19, and 26.)
- Why: Join us for thought-provoking conversation and community.
- What else should I bring? Bring a bag lunch to eat while we are discussing the book.
- Where: If it is a nice sunny day, we will meet in the picnic grove. If it is too hot or rainy, we will go up to Montfort House.
- To register: Please call or email Lisa Hudkins 860-379-1708. email@example.com
Your purchases at Amazon (smile.amazon.com) can help support the shrine of Lourdes in Litchfield. A percentage of the purchase price will be donated to Lourdes in Litchfield.
Please click the logo below for more information.
Supporting: Missionaries of the Comfort of Mary Montfort Missionaries dba Lourdes in Litchfield Shrine